Thursday, June 7, 2012
Wednesday, June 6, 2012
Friday, March 23, 2012
One of the things that you will find from dropship companies that will benefit you is the fact that you no longer need to stock the items and pay for them upfront. It does not matter if you are selling wholesale jewelry or if you are purchasing electronics wholesale through those drop shipping companies, the basic principles are the same. You would receive an order from a customer, including the payment for that order as the first step. After that takes place, you will contact the dropship company to have them ship the product to the customer. You will then receive a bill from the dropship company that can be paid from the money which you will receive from your customer. This cycle can continue and can even grow into other areas, if desired. Once you have established a relationship with the dropship company, you would be surprised with where it is able to take your business.
Friday, March 16, 2012
1. Blogging: Blogging a few times a week should be something all small businesses are doing. The more a business blogs about the niche they are in, the more they will come off as an expert in their industry. Blogging will draw the attention of new potential customers and will definitely add to your business' SEO and local SEO Internet marketing campaigns. It would be ideal to blog daily (including short blogs), but twice a week is also a great target.
2. Article Marketing: Article marketing is something that can yield dramatic results for small businesses. A business should write an article about their niche and then submit that article to at least ten article directories. Doing this will help businesses reach out to new potential customers who visit those article directories. A business should write at least one article a week and submit it to directories the same day they write it. The articles should be at least 300-400 words, as most article directories prefer articles to be that long.
3. Videos: Creating a video and submitting it to video social networking sites like YouTube can make a huge splash for a business. Businesses should create at least one video each month, and the video should be about the niche that they are involved in. Videos have a way of rising in the search engines and eventually a business's video could do well and garner tons of traffic from search engines. Think about your Facebook Wall; how often do videos tend to go viral and really circulate around the Web. YouTube is growing in importance and can really set you apart from your competition if made and marketed intelligently and after a lot of research.
4. Giveaways: Giving away free items with the purchase of specific items is a great way to increase brand awareness. A business should give away items that are actually useful to their customers. Customers will spread the word and potential customers will then hopefully flock to the business.
5. Social Media Marketing: Building up a reputation on social networking websites is something all businesses should be doing in earnest. Businesses need to create profiles on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter. Pinterest is also a good idea, as you can post photographs of your company and employees and really establish an identity and rapport with your target market. It's also good to look at geotagging photos on Flickr and Picasa, especially for local businesses. You should build up your networks by interacting (engaging) with current customers and asking them to get their friends to follow them on the sites. This will help increase brand awareness rapidly.
PR firms and an advertising agency can help a business achieve results with the above five tips. They can also show businesses many other ways to increase brand awareness.
Saturday, March 3, 2012
1) Experiment with the sizes. Aside from big posters, you can consider creating small ones. These are great for small spaces and boards. Just staple them on the sides or post them in an unusual angle to grab attention.
2) Create different posters. Don't just produce one poster and use it for all your campaigns. If you do this, your customers will only get bored and loose interest on you easily. Try to create a different poster for each campaign. Perhaps you can consider a monthly change. You can test the result of each campaign to determine the best design that you can use again in future campaigns.
3) Zero in on benefits. The key to effective marketing is to focus on the benefits you provide rather than the features. Stating the benefits clearly with give you an advantage over your competitions. Remember that people are more interested in knowing the benefits and giving them what they want to know will increase your chance of getting a good response.
4) Keep things simple. Don't try to overcrowd your custom poster with too many images and texts. This will only make your message look confusing. It will be easier for you to stand out if you make your poster simple and easy to understand.
5) Be polite. Your competitors will try to start a poster war. They try to cover up or remove your poster. Even though you badly want to retaliate, restrain yourself. Fighting with your competitors won't bring any good to you. Aside from tainting your reputation, this will only cost you your customers and even your business. Instead of getting even, be professional and sooner or later your competitors will get the point and stay back.
6) Be proud and put your posters in all placer to increase exposure. This will help you make a statement and tell people of your intentions. If the space is large, put two or three posters so people will easily notice your ad.
7) Middle and edges are both good places to post your poster. If your campaign is urgent, you can consider putting your poster in the middle of the board, but if the campaign is long-term, you can consider the edges for maximum exposure. Often, the proper placement of the poster is the key to the success of the campaign, so be carefully where you put your material.
Poster printing is a simple campaign that when done well will bring good results to your business. If you want to maximize your budget and gain good exposure with your posters, follow the simple rules above. Remember that poster marketing is not rocket science. If others can do it, surely you can do it as well.
Sunday, February 26, 2012
SEO, or search engine optimization, is the process of optimizing your website so that it appears in the search engine rankings for a specific keyword. Targeting keywords that receive high amounts of daily search traffic is one of the best ways to get continual visitors to your website. While organic SEO is a more time consuming process than other visitor increasing methods, it is also one of the more cost effective ways of marketing your website, and can continue to attract visitors to your site for a long period of time.
Pay Per Click Advertising
If you operate a website that sells a product or service, it may make sense to market your website through pay per click advertising. Pay per click advertising, or PPC advertising, involves creating short ads that appear at the top and sides of the search engine results. Your ads will appear whenever someone searches for the keywords you target and will be taken to your site if they click on your advertisement. PPC advertising is one of the best ways to market your website online and increase the number of visitors to your website.
Collecting the email addresses of your website's visitors is another good way to market your website. While these people have already visited your website once, you want to be able to lure them back to your site in the future. Creating an email marketing campaign is a terrific way to keep your site's visitors interested in your content or alert them of a sale you are going to have. Being able to reach a large number of web users through a simple email is one of the best marketing strategies you can use.
Social Media Marketing
Almost everyone is a member of one of the social media websites that has increased in popularity in recent years. Marketing your website through social sites such as Twitter and Facebook is an excellent method to use when looking to reach a large audience. Not only are you able to communicate directly with internet users, they can also pass your message along to their friends, increasing the number of people that receive your social media message.
While link baiting is typically considered an advanced search engine optimization technique, it is also an excellent way to market your website. Link baiting is the process of creating a captivating story, video, or image and submitting it to various outlets on the internet with the objective of getting your content to go viral. If you create content that grabs the attention of your visitors, they will feel compelled to share your content with their friends and family which will ultimately increase the number of hits your website receives.
Sunday, February 19, 2012
As a business owner you have to understand that small efforts do reap huge rewards. Sometimes, you have to start small in order to achieve good results. There are unlimited and untapped techniques out there that will help you with your marketing efforts. You don't have to aim for a massive campaign right away. Start with the individual customers, and work by eventually adding new customer at a time. The same way with marketing techniques; start with simple materials and eventually move to bigger and more elaborate materials. In time, you will see the different a small material will do to your bottom line.
To start your simple campaign with simple materials, one ideal material to invest in is the hang tag. Hang tag printing is actually a small and simple material that is why business owners often ignored it. Some even think that tags are only appropriate for a clothing or garments business. But a clever and creative business owner knows that tags are more than that. They can also be used to promote other products. In fact, some people use them as price tags or business cards to bring people to their store again and again.
If you want to explore the marketing capabilities of hang tags, you need to first know the basics in designing them. Before you start printing, understand first these design techniques.
- Picking the right design elements. This refers to the colors, font, image, and style you will use on your hang tag. It's important that you use the elements that will reflect your business image best. For instance, the colors you use have to convey to people the right image. Understand that each color conveys a different meaning. To pick the right color, you might want to research on the meaning behind each color first. The same goes with the style, image, and font. Everything that you put on your design should be reflective of the kind of business you are.
- Creating the copy. You don't actually have a lot of space on your tag to include a lot of details. For this reason, you have to keep your copy brief, clear, and direct to the point. In one reading, people should already understand your message. It's best if you use a casual and conversational tone to make your message look appealing.
- Opt for a unique shape to grab attention easily. With a stand out shape, it will be easy for you to grab people's attention. They will surely take a second look at your custom hang tags and in the process read your message and get familiar with your business. If you aren't sure what kind of shape will be perfect for your tag, ask the help of your designer.
Marketing and hang tag printing need not be a difficult undertaking. It simply is common sense. If you fully understand your business and your target market, you will know how to make your tags a successful piece of marketing material.
Sunday, February 12, 2012
Following are the important things you should remember to make all your efforts work to your advantage.
Eye-Catching Color And Graphics
People usually remember a product through the color of its container or the appearance of its logo. It is best that you use color combinations that are visually appealing. Ensure your container's color and your logo's color don't clash. It would be wise to use your company color. If your company color is inappropriate to your merchandise, choose a color that can perfectly represent it.
Proper positioning of your brand name and logo should also be considered with product label design. Make their respective sizes complementary to each other. Make them recognizable as well. Check if they resemble your competitor's merchandise. If they do, make some adjustments to avoid confusion among customers.
It takes three seconds maximum for your merchandise to attract any consumer walking down the supermarket aisle. And so, your label must be readable at first glance. Besides the name of your merchandise, an identification of it in a maximum of three words must also be readable at a distance.
Choosing the right font is another thing to consider. Check online for unique types that are easy on the eyes. This is not only for your brand name but also for the instructions or nutritional facts at the back label. This is very important as most customers get frustrated when they cannot read these information.
Working Contact Numbers
Providing contact information is also part of product labeling. In fact, this serves as a great marketing tool. Having a website, a physical address and a phone line number creates an impression among your customers that you are not one of those fly by night companies. With a one liner, you can encourage your customers to join an online promotion about your product. This useful in keeping them updated about your brand.
As you already have a design, picking the right material would be your next challenge. It is essential that your design and your material would be in harmony. When it comes to the color of paper, white and related shades work best for most merchandire. Another one is the clear material which complements most colorful product containers. These two give you flexibility with the design because they combine well with any background. More so, they exude a sophisticated look.
When it comes to the finish, think of the image that you would want to convey. Glossy and matte are the top two choices for product label design. Merchandise aiming for a classic image, uses a matte material for its label. Those which aim for a flashy image, on the other hand, choose a glossy material. While glossy materials may look appealing, it can somehow affect the readability of the text printed on it.
Sunday, February 5, 2012
Although this is the way to go in the print industry nowadays, some service providers still adhere to the traditional methods. This is because they find old techniques a lot cheaper than going green. These include the use of non-recycled papers, petroleum-based inks, and other toxic solvents. The bad thing about these is that deadly substances can get into the groundwater and the soil.
Green printing maybe challenging but it is very rewarding when faithfully observed. Participants to it enjoy a noble image as they carry out an admirable social responsibility to the environment. When people recognize you as a leader of such a cause, they are drawn to doing business with you than your competitors. If you are serious about this endeavor, ensure to hire the services of environment-friendly printing company.
Paper, inks, energy use and carbon offset are the four important factors you need to consider when looking for the appropriate service provider. Read on the following details and learn more on how to print green.
Green Paper And Inks
This does not necessarily mean they are green in color. Rather, they are made up of non-toxic materials. The specific paper to be used must be chlorine-free or fully recycled. Papers made from sustainably farmed sources and waste by-products are also available for use.
Inks that are vegetable-based are the best match for these papers. They are less toxic and safer to dispose of. A good service provider can give you advice on which paper and ink type will be the greenest option for your printing project without sacrificing the quality of the end product.
Publication companies are prone to the use up of huge amounts of energy. This affects the earth's ecological balance and the health of living things existing near each printing press. A green service provider is most likely to invest on machines that are energy-efficient in order to reduce the amount of wasted energy.
Carbon Neutralization Practice
Despite the use of green papers and inks and energy-efficient machines, there would still be emissions of carbon during each printing process. Responsible companies don't readily ignore them but try their best to offset or balance out their carbon emissions.
Doing business with a green printing company is definitely helpful to the environment. However, it is still best to promote a cleaner environment by avoiding publication of excess printed materials. This can reduce the possibility of wastage as unused resources are kept intact. It is wise then ask your service provider the ideal amount of print materials that would be sufficient for your marketing campaign. Observing such practice will at the same time be easy on the environment and on your pockets.
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Once you know who your customers are, it's time to decide on the best way to reach out to them. Understand that marketing doesn't have to be expensive. A smart business owner knows how to gain leverage on their marketing campaign without spending a fortune. If you are a newbie in the business industry, you might want to learn from the experiences of the established businesses today.
For an excellent return on investment, one good but inexpensive marketing material to invest in is the tent. It may look too simple for your but if done well this tool will deliver good results to your business. To maximize your marketing dollars and produce excellent table tents, here's a quick guide for you:
1. Go for a unique shape and design. Standing out means being unique. It will help you grab people's attention easily if you create a unique tent design. You can always consider die cutting to give your material a distinct look and shape. If you don't know how to create the unique design for your table tent, there's always a designer who can help you with it.
2. Use thick and durable paper. Don't print your custom table in flimsy paper. Use only sturdy paper such as 100 pound cover stock to maintain the strength of the paper. You can add UV coating to keep the paper water-resistant and protected against scratches.
3. Print through competent printing companies. Don't sacrifice the quality of your tent by printing them on your own. Unless you are an experienced printer, you better leave the job to the experts. Look for a printer that understands your need and will give you the most competitive price. There are plenty of them out there so be sure to find the best one.
4. Print only what is needed. You don't have to print in bulk if you know you don't need a lot of your table tents. Even if the printer promises for a discount on large orders, remember that you will only be wasting your money if you make unnecessary orders.
5. Ask for proof before printing. Be sure to ask the printer for a proof of your material so you know what quality to expect. The proof will also give you the chance to check your table template and make the necessary changes.
Table tent printing is not really a difficult process. With the right knowledge and understanding of the basics of the printing process, it should be easy for you to avoid problems along the way. Follow the simple pointers above and you can be sure to make your tents your best marketing materials.
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
*Never Explain Rejections - If you keep quiet, and keep your unspoken goals to yourself, you will always have the upper hand on your creative team because they will never even get close to satisfying you.
*Cram Every Product Into Every Ad - You know those creative types - always trying to push a design that leaves so much "unused" space on any given page. Even though a strong presentation on a commanding feature or benefit might actually sell something, don't let all that space on the page go unused.
*Don't Bother To Follow Up With Research - You might learn that some creative approach other than your own actually worked and deserved to be repeated or expanded to other product lines - but you would have to give up some control over the creative process and that would never do.
*Nit-Pick - There is nothing - and never will be anything - that cannot be criticized and "improved" by you or your advertising committee. Even though your creative team has worked weeks to perfect a concept, it can always be torn down.
*Never, Repeat Never, Praise Good Work - Always keep the creative team on its toes by not telling them they have done good work. After all, you just might get more of the same.
These points were originally written to try to provide guidance to some young, but inexperienced, Account Executives on the Agency side of the business. They have been in my file, and in the back of my mind, for over thirty years and I am still amazed at the timeless wisdom they represent. If nothing else, they are a reminder that any successful creative problem solving can only be achieved if the whole team is rowing in the same direction. If, in the execution of your marketing communications program, you begin to sense that something might be out of sync on the creative side of things, solve that problem first - then tackle the bigger creative issues. Early warning signs might start small but they will quickly mushroom to proportions that can completely derail a creative effort.
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
At the initial stage the usage of sign was simpler and a basic necessity. Very often it was expressed in wooden carvings and tin sheets or on iron plates in bright colors to grab attention. Today when we refer to signs we are by default referring to business signs. Like other industries it could not escape the heat of internet or e technology. Today, a variety of signs including neon signs, channel letter signs, led signs, custom signs, banners, graphics, vehicle wraps and many more exist and continue to get evolved with new ones coming in. It is a must to have signs to be in business, or say it is the base of any business establishment.
Then we had LED signs and with further advancement of the technology came new signage using LCD and Plasma technology. The new digital technology is so widely used and hugely popular that it may slowly replace the not so old signage like neon and LCD. What makes it so popular; business signs are basically like a mirror through which the details and truth of the business can be seen. It conveys the feelings and emotions of the business displayed in vibrant colors and eye catching punch lines. It helps in building propaganda or say helps in reaching out to the targeted audience.
In older days setting up a signage was an easy and one man job. Even the shopkeeper himself could have handled it alone without any help. Today the business establishments can look forward to professional logo designers. The internet is flooded with such offers on business signs including package prices to suit all kinds of pockets. Look for referrals or do an online survey to find out the best professional logo designers who can create the best signage for you.
With the right kind of logo, design or sign whether done digitally or the manual kinds like banners, can do wonders for your business. It is an indicator which creates an impression about the company or organization which eventually transforms into success.
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
This sounds easy enough, but many entrepreneurs and companies fail at their sales promotions, leading to a lack of customers. When you offer a deeply discounted sale, your hope is that the amount of people that purchase will offset the discount that you are offering. If you only get a few people that take advantage of the sale, you might lose money. This is why specific sales promotion tools and techniques are essential.
Who are Promotions For?
Sales promotions are for any type of consumer that has a need for your business or services. This means the consumer that you want to attract to your business or services with your sales promotion can either be an individual consumer or a business consumer. This is important to note because no matter what type of consumer you rely on, you will want to target them with sales promotions. Your specific promotions can be directed at clients, employees, customers, sales people, wholesalers, other businesses and companies, or retailers. Promotions that you intend to target at individual consumers are called consumer promotions, and those that are targeted at wholesalers, retailers, etc. have been coined as trade promotions.
What are Effective Tools and Techniques?
In order to use correct promotion tools and techniques, you must first understand that these are different from promotion tools and techniques. Sales promotions are programs that provide specific incentives in order to encourage prospects to make a purchase. In contrast, standard promotions are usually an event or staged program that is designed to capture attention and to lure consumers to a store or office. These are not necessarily tied to direct purchase.
So, in the case of a promotion, you are attempting to entice prospects to make a direct purchase from you. For example, if you own a furniture store and want to make a direct sale of a specific brand of couch, then you might offer an in-store sales promotion where the specific brand of couch is offered at a discounted price.
The number one tool is to provide added value or special incentives to your targeted audience in order to generate an immediate sale. Such promotions can include buy one, get one free deals, half off certain purchases with the purchase of a related item, and so on. Use these sales promotions tools and techniques to generate revenue and form lasting relationships with consumers.
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
If you are a small or startup business, you have plenty of choices in marketing strategies and materials to use. Most of them are inexpensive to produce but will deliver good results if done well. If you want to start simple, one ideal material worth investing in is the poster. Printing posters is no longer a taxing job. Modern printing machines have made it easy to produce high quality posters that will deliver your message clearly and effectively. Online print shops will help you create the best posters for your business.
If you are ready to start creating your promotional posters, read the following pointers:
Clearly define your purpose: What do you want to achieve with your poster? What message do you want to convey to people? Is it to promote a sale, launch a new product, or perhaps to invite people to an open house? The message you will convey to people will greatly affect the design of your poster, so it's important that you clearly define your purpose.
Design carefully: An over-the-top design will only confuse readers. Instead of focusing on your message, they will focus more on the design. It's important that you keep the design elements to a minimum so you can effectively deliver your message across. So, for example, when choosing colors, just pick two or three colors. Don't make your poster look like the color wheel otherwise people will get confused of your message. Just make sure that you use the right images, font, and style to convey the right meaning and message.
Experiment: Don't be scared to experiment with your design. You can create unique shapes and sizes depending on your need. You can also be a little creative with your design, but make sure it is still appropriate to your business. Every after campaign, it helps to evaluate the result so you know how what changes or improvements to make.
Print only with the best: Be sure to work with a credible printing company so you are assured that your poster printing will look as incredible as possible. Research well so you know which printer to hire. Don't easily hire the first printer that promises you the lowest price. Take a look at the quality of their work first to ensure you get the best value for your money.
Location is everything: Think carefully where you will put your posters. It should be in a strategic place where people will see them at once. Ensure though that the place is allowed for posting bills so you don't end up paying fines.
Now that you know the basic elements in a poster campaign, it will be easy for you to achieve a successful campaign. Go ahead and create your own posters that will bring your business to greater heights.